The Daughters of St. Mary of Providence Society is a registered society with Reg. No 275/94-95. Dated 7th July 1994 at the Registrar of Societies, Bangalore District, Karnataka.
The objects of the society are carried out in the State of Karnataka and elsewhere for the benefit of all persons irrespective of caste, creed, language, race or religion. It is a non profitable, charitable institution.
From 2001 it runs St. Joseph Nivas Special School for the physically and mentally challenged, at Chikkakammanahalli, Bangalore -83.
Our Special School has got Registration under section 51, 52 of persons with Disabilities Act 1995. In 2010, We started a unit of this special school Blessed Clare Nivas special school for the mentally challenged at Geddalahalli, Kothanur. Bangalore -77.
- Taking care of the physically and mentally challenged by running Special schools;
- Taking care of the Elderly people;
- Pastoral ministry like, visiting the sick and the needy and giving medical assistance and psychological support;
- Education Assistance to the children, Youth… especially to the economically poor by running- Tuition centers, Training centers…;
- Providing mid-day meals to the poor
- Running home / Hostel for the poor and orphan school and college going students.